|Things To Bring
- Warm bedroom slippers (hardwood floors are cold)
- SNOW CHAINS – Although we keep our road clear and the NCDOT keeps all highways clear, at times snow will fall at rates beyond the capability of any snow removal equipment.
- Portable chairs for sitting by the river (please do not remove the deck furniture from the deck)
- Charcoal and charcoal lighter
- Food & drinks
- Beach towels for the hot tub and swimming in the river (the river is 4 to 5 feet deep max at the river bend, everywhere else is no more than knee deep)
- Old tennis shoes; the river bottom is rocky in shallow areas
- Sunscreen, First Aid Kit
- Personal toiletries
- Bedroom slippers (hardwood floors can be cold)
- Flashlight (*especially if arriving after dark*)
- Clothing, including layers, rain jacket, comfortable shoes, hat, and sunglasses
- For hikers – daypack, water bottles, hiking boots, compass, and binoculars (TAKE GPS – if hiking Linville Gorge)
- Most cell phones work on the property but we cannot guarantee service
- Table cloth for picnic table
- Extra pillows
- Clothes hangers
You Might Consider Bringing
- Music CDs
- Mountain bikes
- A good book
- Fishing pole (A license is required and can be acquired via the internet. Search for “North Carolina fishing license” on Google.)
- Camera (film/memory cards and batteries)
|Things We Provide
- Alarm clock
- 32-inch TV with DVD
- Charcoal grill at each cabin
- Direct TV satellite service
- Sheets, blankets, and pillows
- Towels and wash cloths (*guests should bring beach towels for hot tub and swimming*)
- Cookware, dishes, and glasses
- Silverware and cooking utensils
- Coffee maker and filters
- Refrigerator and stove w/ oven
- Microwave oven
- Dishwasher detergent
- Toilet paper
- Bath soap
- Garbage bags
- Picnic table
- Firewood (averages $4/bundle – outside fire pit)
Please email your Firewood request prior to arrival
- Local map and directions from one of our staff.
There is a Mobil gas station and convenience store one mile south of the entrance to our property. It is open until midnight every night and has firewood as well as the usual grocery items found in a well stocked convenience store.
Our NC Log Cabin Rentals at Linville River Log Cabins are cozy and inviting and just what you are looking for in Linville NC Lodging during your vacation in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Guests can enjoy both the peace and tranquility that they find in the peaceful surroundings, and those that are looking for a bit of adventure will happily discover that there are plenty of things to do in the outdoors in this region of the High Country. Some of the items listed above on our list of suggest things to bring along with you are items that will make activities such as Trout Fishing in NC, Blue Ridge Parkway Hiking, exploring Linville Caverns NC and Grandfather Mountain North Carolina all the more fun during your trip.
Browse around the site and check out the fantastic amenities in each of the Rental Cabins Western NC at our village of Linville Cabin Rentals located along the Linville River, minutes from Linville Falls NC, Linville Caverns, the North Carolina Ski Resorts, the Gem Mines in NC, spots to enjoy Horseback Riding in NC Mountains and so much more.
You must be logged in to post a comment.