– BOOKING POLICIES –
THIS IS A VACATION RENTAL AGREEMENT UNDER THE NORTH CAROLINA VACATION RENTAL ACT. THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF THE PARTIES TO THIS AGREEMENT ARE DEFINED BY LAW AND INCLUDE UNIQUE PROVISIONS PERMITTING THE DISBURSEMENT OF RENT PRIOR TO TENANCY AND EXPEDITED EVICTION OF TENANTS. YOUR SIGNATURE ON THIS AGREEMENT, OR PAYMENT OF MONEY OR TAKING POSSESSION OF THE PROPERTY AFTER RECEIPT OF THE AGREEMENT, IS EVIDENCE OF YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE AGREEMENT AND YOUR INTENT TO USE THIS PROPERTY FOR A VACATION RENTAL. GUESTS CONCERNED WITH THE POSSIBILITY OF HAVING TO CANCEL WITHIN 30 DAYS WE SUGGEST TRAVEL INSURANCE COVERAGE. THIS IS AVAILABLE THROUGH MOST ANY TRAVEL AGENCY OR ONLINE AT https://www.insuremytrip.com/.
1. NIGHTLY MINIMUMS:
Properties require a 2-night minimum stay. Longer minimum stays may be required during holiday periods and certain seasons. One (1) night reservations are accepted if the arrival date is within three (3) days from the booking date
*RESERVATIONS SECURED ONLINE: Your credit card will be charged 50% at the time the online reservation is processed. If the reservation is within 31 days, payment in full, plus the $75 cleaning fee will be processed in either one or two transactions. A final confirmation email, including directions, key code and other useful information will be sent at that time. For arrivals more than one calendar month in advance, guests’ final payment, plus the $75 cleaning fee will be charged no earlier than 31 days from arrival and then the final confirmation email will be sent.
3. OTHER CHARGES AND FEES: ALL CABINS ARE NONSMOKING
The interior log walls of all cabins are not sealed. Smoking odors require several days, with windows open, to dissipate.If smoking has been detected in our cabins, a $400 fee will be charged to the credit card on file (No Exceptions).
Occasionally, our guests forget to wash their dishes and take their trash to the dumpster. Why isn’t this part of the cleaning fee? Most guests don’t need to be asked to wash their dishes. They understand that dirty dishes can attract unwanted guests and wash them as they are used. However, if we do not clearly state this policy, there are some guests who will leave dirty dishes until they run out. These few guests will leave food on the pots and pans when they depart. Extra charges for leaving dirty dishes or trash in the cabin vary up to $75.
4. CANCELLATIONS, TRANSFERS, FORFEITS and REFUNDS – Notifications and requests must be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CANCELLATIONS and REFUNDS are based on the original arrival date. Purchasing travel insurance is recommended.
- The refund amount if canceled one month from arrival is 100% less a $40 handling fee.
- The refund amount if canceled from the 15th day to the 30th day, prior to arrival day, is 50% of the “paid in full” reservation.
- THERE ARE NO REFUNDS for cancellations within 14 days from arrival.
- REFUNDS will be processed within 14 business days.
WE SUGGEST THAT GUESTS CONCERNED WITH THE POSSIBILITY OF HAVING TO CANCEL WITHIN 30 DAYS PURCHASE INSURANCE COVERAGE. THIS IS AVAILABLE THROUGH MOST ANY TRAVEL AGENCY. THIS IS AVAILABLE THROUGH MOST ANY TRAVEL AGENCY OR ONLINE AT https://www.insuremytrip.com/.
- Transfers (subletting) to third parties is not permitted. Onsite management will request a photo ID of the reserving party (matching the credit card used for reservation). The reserving party who’s credit card us used must be a member of the party that stays in the cabin and provide their credit and identification upon request.
- If the balance cannot be secured 31 days prior to your arrival, we will treat the reservation as a cancellation and return your deposit minus the cancellation fee (see “Cancellations”) within 45 days.
- No refund will be issued for early departures.
- Linville River Log Cabins LLC is not responsible for the weather or other Acts of God and there will be no refunds for these occurrences. Vacation insurance can help cover losses you may incur due to these and other unforeseen circumstances.
- Linville River Log Cabins reserves the right to transfer guests to another cabin of equal or greater value should it become necessary due to maintenance reasons or issues beyond our control.
- VALID REFUNDS will be processed within 30 days of the request. All cancellations and reschedules must be requested by mail.
5. We apologize but at this time we have no handicap accessible cabins. Most cabins require some climbing of steps or stairs. Therefore, we do not recommend renting a cabin if you are wheelchair bound or physically unable to climb steps or stairs. We offer no refunds if you choose to disregard this information.
Occupancy violations will result in rent forfeiture and immediate eviction of guests. Guests will restrict occupancy to posted limits at all times. ABSOLUTELY NO HOUSE PARTIES, YOUTH GROUPS, FRATERNITIES, SORORITIES OR PARTIES ALLOWED. Linville River Log Cabins DOES NOT RENT TO STUDENTS OR GROUPS OF STUDENTS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, EVEN IF A PARENT OR LEGAL ADULT MAKES THE RESERVATION AND/OR PAYS THE RENT. If such a group attempts to occupy one of our rental properties, ALL MONEYS WILL BE FORFEITED AND GUESTS WILL BE ASKED TO VACATE THE PROPERTY IMMEDIATELY.
7. HOT TUBS: All guests must be 18 or older. The presence of parents does not override this policy.
8. MECHANICAL FAILURES/REPAIRS/APPLIANCES:
Although we rarely have to do anything other than replace batteries in a remote device, please call us if anything isn’t working properly. We will make every effort to fix it in an expeditious manner. We can issue gift credit (case by case basis) toward your next visit but cannot issue refunds or partial refunds for mechanical failures of nonessential or luxury items, including, but not limited to, television, satellite/cable service, dishwasher, fireplace, air conditioning, hot tub, or any other appliance that fails to operate properly during your stay. All cabins include hot tubs. Guests should be aware of some risks that can be associated with hot tub use. Some of these risks can include discoloration of swim wear due to chemicals used to sanitize tubs and minor skin rashes if sensitive to the chemicals. Guest assumes all responsibilities for these risks and consequences. Absolutely no pets or children are allowed in the hot tubs. Guests of special attention including, but not limited to, pregnant women, elderly, and disabled persons should use heavy caution while using the hot tubs. Linville River Log Cabins LLC cannot be held responsible for hot tub injuries or discomforts. Cell phone service is not guaranteed at our rental properties.
9. Pets: Our cabins are pet friendly. Please see review our pet policy before completing your reservation. The policy is available [HERE]. Limit TWO, under 50 pounds each, with paid $115 pet fee and after approval. The fee is for one of two pets. Please send your approval request to email@example.com or call 828-387-6688.
Guests agree to hold Linville River Log Cabins LLC harmless for any accident or injury that may occur on the rental property during occupancy.**Note: sleeper loft and ladder access. Parties that choose to use the sleeper loft do so at their own risk! We advise guests to have someone with them when they are in or near the river. Also, we recommend extra care when climbing the ladder into the sleeping loft. Do so at your own risk.
11. DIRECTIONS AND KEY INFORMATION:
Information regarding check-in procedures, including directions and unit key instructions, is sent via email after initial reservation deposit is received.
12. PERSONAL ITEMS:
Linville River Log Cabins LLC is NOT responsible for guests’ personal belongings that are lost, stolen, or left behind. A $25 retrieval fee will be charged, and if found, the items will be returned at the guest’s expense.
All of our properties are professionally cleaned before you arrive and after you leave. Please report within 90 minutes anything we failed to clean.Leave all beds used during stay unmade upon departure. Any linens/towels found missing from your stay will result in a deduction from your damage deposit credit card for reasonable replacement costs. For multiple week stays, light weekly housekeeping can be arranged during your stay at an extra cost.Guests are responsible for cleaning and storing all dishes, utensils, and removing all trash to the appropriate outside container. By signing this agreement, the tenant agrees to pay a secondary cleaning fee of $75 if check-out procedures are not followed as posted in each rental unit and extraordinary cleaning is deemed necessary.
14. CHECK-IN AND CHECK-OUT: (Recommend a flashlight if arriving after dark)
CHECK-IN is 3PM or later. CHECK-OUT is 11AM. Please notify us of any LATE DEPARTURE needs that may arise during your stay. We will attempt to accommodate your request. If prior arrangements have not been approved by Linville River Log Cabins LLC and the property is not vacated by 11AM, we are authorized to remove the guest’s belongings from the property at the guest’s expense. A late check-out fee of $60 plus tax will be charged to the credit card on file.EARLY CHECK-IN (before 3PM) AND LATE CHECK-OUT (after 11AM) Available on a case by case basis with 24 hour notice.
15. CABIN KEY: Keys cannot be removed from the property. Please lock your key in the lock box and rotate the dial to lock it, each time you leave your cabin.
16. SKIS, SNOWBOARDS, FLOATS, LIFE JACKETS AND OTHER OUTDOOR RECREATIONAL EQUIPMENT:
Absolutely no skis, snowboards, ski boots or snow board boots, floats, etc. are allowed inside the cabins. You may keep them on the decks or in your vehicle. We encourage these outdoor recreational opportunities, but this type of equipment is hard on our wood surfaces. If you have any question regarding your equipment please Contact Us via email or phone.
17. ALL UNITS GET YOU STARTED WITH THE FOLLOWING AMENITIES, including, but not limited to:
Linens and towels for each guest for each day will be supplied at the start of your stay; *fully equipped kitchens, including coffee makers, as well as some cooking utensils*; dish washing soap*; sponges*; hand and body soaps*; paper towels*; napkins*; toilet paper*; garbage bags*, along with some cleaning implements.
You will be asked to confirm the acceptance of these policies when completing your online reservation.
Thank you for choosing Linville River Log Cabins. We appreciate your acceptance of these conditions and terms of agreement. We hope you enjoy your vacation, and please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions.
Policies Updated: July 2021